Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Out of Control

I am out of control.

My house is a disaster. My laundry is piled to the roof. I can't keep up with my kids' clothes and field trips. I have a paper due Friday that I have barely begun to write. I have a thesis proposal to revise. I have theses chapters to write. I need to get organized before Craig leaves so that I don't have to do it when he's gone. I have appts. to make...people to see, places to go, things to do.

And yet, I sat down tonight, watched Project Runway and ate an entire pint of Haagen Daas Butter Pecan Ice Cream. I can't even say that I enjoyed it. I was on autopilot. I am trying to find my chewy center in all of this without taking a bite and can't quite seem to do it. I think I need a fairy godmother. I just hopes she brings her own spoon.

3 comments:

Kacie said...

Lisa, it's natural that you'd especially feel like everything is out of control right now. With hubby leaving soon and responsibilities mounting, many aspects of your life ARE out of your control.

I know that when this last flare-up hit, I realized that I didn't even have control over my own body...much less the rest of my life. What I've done in the past is focus exclusively on the things I DO have control over--hence, my tendency at times to work too much. ;)

I think it can be probably done with much more balance in mind--I just haven't quite mastered that particular skill yet.

If and when you get it figured out, please SHARE! And if she shows up, tell that fairy godmother that I have a pumpkin and a mouse or two that need major remodeling... ;)

Love you!

K.

Lisa said...

I hear ya honey. This seems to be a recurring theme with us...more time, more balance. Maybe we'll find it someday, or maybe life is just about the journey toward trying to find it. I don't know anyone who really has it.

I love ya and btw, thanks for the conversation yesterday. I needed it and needed to hear it. So much of all of this feels overwhelming and life shattering. It's weird because I thought I'd be most scared about his safety over there and I'm finding that I'm most scared about who he'll be when he returns this time. That's something I never would have expected before he started deploying.

I will talk to you soon; I've got to write that paper today so once again I'm up to my eyeballs with penis envy;)

Kacie said...

Good luck on the paper! And if you get bored and are looking for a distraction, I actually put a new post on my blog this morning!

It's perfect timing, too, because it's all about the pursuit of balance...

Love you,
K.